- Helped architecting the frontend of a new internal multipurpose project with the aim of generating insurance quotes based on a set of rules and different covers using React, redux, selectors, redux-saga, sass, webpack.
- Fixed numerous bugs and implemented new features on the existing single purpose platform having the same tech stack.
- Created various internal PoC projects revolving around the insurance business with React, redux, webpack and sass.
- Architected and implemented the frontend of an online library for teacher to provide maths resources for pupils - Year 1 through Year 6 called Mathshub. It delivers different types of resources, from documents to video trainings, along with a daily challenge for pupils to solve in the classroom. The content is available to useres on a tier based system. The stack was composed of Reactjs, Redux, Apollo, styled-jsx, tachyons and nextjs.
- Architected and implemented the backend (API + SQL database) of Mathshub which comprised of a Graphql Server with custom made Types, queries and mutations in order to deliver the information in a secure format (eg url signing based on the user tier). The Graphql endpoint communicates with a SQL database service from AWS, RDS - which is postgres underneath. The stack was composed of Nodejs, Express js, GraphQL, AWS services - S3, RDS.
- I created the database schema and connections between tables for gathering resources. Different materialized views for individual pages were created so that gathering information from the DB and displaying it on the frontend is fast and without involving any costly joins between tables.
- Architected and implemented an initial version of a custom CMS for updating the Mathshub Database and make use of the graphql mutation in a safe environment while making offering basic CRUD mutations. The stack used was mainly the same as the Mathshub app, which is ReactJs, NextJs, Apollo, Redux, styled jsx and tachyons.
- Architected and implemented an internal tool for validating various entries in a neo4j graph-based db. Frontend stack: React, webpack, redux, tachyons.
- Opensourced the boilerplate created for the validation tool, now being used as a kitchen sync for trying new tech, Project Viper.
- Created internal wordpress blog, also created a safe docker based environment for this project and opensourced the docker based environment I created, Wordpress Jail Cell.
- Architected and implemented a prototype of a social listening tool. Backend stack: nodejs, mongodb. Frontend stack: react, webpack2, redux, redux-saga, tachyons, aws rds, google services apis.
- Architected and implemented the first version of an internal social listening tool from scratch. It used different endpoint and services for gathering data and analysing it. Backend in nodejs, potgresql database, graphql, google services apis. Frontend in react, relay, tachyons, style jsx, webpack2.
- Contributed to internal reactjs based projects.
- Architected and developed the first stage of a unified sharing flow (between the OS and webapps) with QTWebEngine, QTWebChannel, x-Tag, CSS and es6.
- Architected and implemented from scratch the kano.me website with a stack based on vuejs, vuex, webpack, es6 and the shopify api.
- Developed from scratch various parts, including the unified navigation part for Make Apps in Polymer, ES6, Babel, Gulp.
- Implemented various features on the Make Art, that is based on Angular, Jade, Stylus and Gulp.
- Developed the Kano World Onboarding Flow for new users. On the front-end I used Vue.js, Jade, Stylus and on the Backend I made use of MongoDb and NodeJS.
- Recreated the Registration Flow with x-Tag and add it to the Kano World SDK to be used throught out apps.
- Created Amazon-like SLAs for displaying relevant product information for users reagarding delivery times considering timezones differences and business days with the help of moment.js, express.js, ES6.
- Created the Admin tool for the SLA server using react.js, React-router, webpack, es6, Babel.
- Developed countless features and improvements for kano.me using Shopify tools.
- Created various textbooks with interactive exercise for grades 1 - 4 with our open-sourced authoring tool, Learn Forward Author and the help of Jade, Stylus. A romanian language for the 2nd grade can be found here.
- Online version of Freedom House's Fighting Public Procurement Criminality Report built with Learn Forward Author and custom Jade, Stylus mixins and LFA collaboration functionalities.
- Online version of Net Children Go Mobile Report built with Learn Forward Author and custom Jade, Stylus mixins and LFA collaboration functionalities.
- Created and maintained Monica Macovei's open source presidencial elections website with NodeJS, BackboneJS, bundled with Browserify, built with GulpJS having Brower-Sync for development, tested with Mocha covered with IstanbulJS and deployed on Heroku.
- Created the company website with a stack consisting of NodeJS, BackboneJS, bundled with Browserify, built with GulpJS having Brower-Sync for development and deployed on Heroku.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.
- A Alexa trivia like game World Capitals in which you should tell the capital city of a given set of countries.
- Codeveloped a Spotify clone during the Meteor Hackathon in 2015 with a stack consisting of ES6, Meteor, react.js, webpack, es6, Babel
- The frontend of a Movie Recommendation System on top of NodeJS, AngularJS, Redis, Bower, Stylus and deployed to my server through custom git hooks 😅.
- Fully developed a native iOS App with Objective-C incorporating different services like Parse, authentication with Twitter's Digits and Google Maps API from which you could find friends that are nearby and set a rally point.
- A Twitter Clone built with Ruby On Rails while I was learning the basics of Git, TDD and Agile Development.
Trainings, Hackathons, Prizes
Languages and Technologies
- Languages, Frameworks and Libraries:
- Good knowledge of jQuery, Backbone, Underscore/Lodash, Angular, Polymer
- Working knowlegde of Ruby, C, C++, Java.
Hobbies and Interests
I try to keep up with the latest technology trends by lurking Hacker News , Sidebar.io and Product Hunt and by reading different books on Gitbook.io . I also attend local technology conferences and help people with their programming projects. In my free time I also add more features my RaspberryPi home media center.